Chatter: DIY Encrypted Wireless Communicator
Build Your Own Private Texting Device While Learning Electronics, Coding, Wireless Networks & More!
Chatter is a free, private, security-first texting device. It comes in a pair because texting yourself is not as fun as you think.
It was supposed to be a walkie-talkie, but then we are living in an era where messengers with emojis and GIFs rule the world... and memes of course. Unlike your regular phone, this device does not need a cellular network or a SIM card to work because it creates its own wireless network and communicates with other Chatter devices you’ve paired it with. It uses the so-called “LoRa” low-power wide-area network technology in order to send text messages, emojis, memes, and GIFs.
Chatter uses a publicly-available set of frequencies that are allocated for use cases like this one. The messages you send to other Chatter devices are encrypted and are not passing through an internet service provider so you can share as many secrets as you want with your friends (maybe we should’ve programmed a pinky swear button). The main purpose of Chatter is education and showing people that you can communicate free and remotely without big corporations and the internet.
- Assemble your very own private texting machine
- Learn what privacy means in the year 2020 & how you can digitally communicate without using the internet
- Understand how LoRa works
- Know how Chatter encrypts/decrypts messages & pairs with other Chatters
- Code & load custom apps onto your Chatter
- Friends list
- Friend pairing
- Chat color customization
- Profile avatars
- Color: green
- Materials: plastics, electronic components, electronic circuit boards, metal nuts, bolts, rubber
- Dimensions: 3.6"H x 19"L x 29"W
- DIY security-first texting device
- 2 devices in each box
- Focus topics/skills
- Wireless networks
- Gridless communication
- Manufacturer's 1-year warranty
Standard Kit: What's Included
- Circuit board with a built-in network communicator module & dual-core CPU
- Display board – 128*160 TFT color display
- AAA batteries
- Acrylic casing
- Bag of small components
- Instruction booklet
- Ships to US
- Expected Delivery: Apr 5 - Apr 12
- All sales final.