With Android currently topping the list of global smartphones platforms, keeping up to speed with the latest operating system releases is nothing if not advantageous. This comprehensive Android programming course includes of 30 hours of video instruction, plus 10+ app-building exercises to help hammer the material home.
- Java: learn the language used to develop all native Android apps
- eXtensible Markup Language: learn how to represent data with text
- Android Studio 1.0: the future tool for Android development
- Android Lollipop: use the latest Android version
- Material Design: bring your apps to life with Android’s newest design guidelines
- SQLite: store data on your device with the SQLite database
- Git: learn how to use Git for version control and collaboration
- Google APIs: Google tools such as Maps provide functionality for powerful apps
Matt Parker is a full-stack programmer, having done everything from mobile to web to back-end. He has built apps for early stage startups as well as Fortune 500 companies. He also enjoys teaching and has taught classes on mobile development at General Assembly. Being a self-taught programmer, Matt wants to help others down that same path.