How to Cut Your Apple TV Setup Time in Half
This hassle-free shortcut will have you binging the best in no time.
Did you know you can streamline your installation of your Apple TV (3rd generation or later) by syncing ATV with your iOS device (iOS 16 required)? It’s insanely simple and easily cuts installation time in half. Here’s how to do it...
If Your Apple TV Hasn't Been Set Up Yet:
- Make sure your device is updated to the latest version of iOS. If it's not, first back it up and then update it.
- Plug in your new Apple TV with access to Wi-Fi and find the installation screen on your TV.
- Enable your iOS device’s Bluetooth capabilities under Settings.
- Sync your iPhone or iPad to your Apple TV via Bluetooth (we suggest touching your iOS device to the Apple TV device for good measure).
- You will see a pop-up on your iOS device to sync with Apple TV. Hit “Yes”.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and TV provider (if needed) as prompted, and you are all set!
If Your Apple TV is Already Set Up:
If you have already completed the setup on your Apple TV, go to Settings > General > Reset (on the ATV device), and you can begin the steps above when your Apple TV displays the factory installation screen.
That's it. Now, start streaming your heart out!
Want to upgrade the experience? Check out a couple of our favorite add-ons:
Airflow Video Streaming
A subscription to this full 4K HDR HEVC file-streaming app can make keeping yourself and your guests entertained super easy. Softpedia said it best, so we won't try to improve upon it: "All in all, this software solution can help you play your favorite videos and songs on a Chromecast or an Apple TV device without any trouble while also providing you with several customization options." Give it a whirl while a lifetime subscription is only $16.
Airflow Video Streaming: Lifetime Subscription
The Ultimate Way to Watch Your Favorite Videos on Chromecast, Apple TV, & AirPlay 2 Enabled TVs
Function101 Button Remote for Apple TV
Even the most diehard Apple TV fan knows the included remote can be a bit cumbersome to work with. The faster you can get to that latest ep of Succession the better, no?
Move through streaming screens with speed and ease, thanks to the Function101 button remote. It works with Apple TV and Apple TV 4K, syncs in seconds, and is quite possibly compatible with your actual TV, meaning you may be able to consolidate remotes. Grab one for $30 while they are on sale.
Function101 Button Remote for Apple TV/Apple TV 4K
Try This Remote Control for Your Apple TV with Infrared Technology, Great Compatibility, & More
Prices subject to change.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Sign up to see our latest collections, exclusive offers & get 10% off.